2012 Craft Beer Industry
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2012 was 15% by volume and 17% by retail dollars.
2012 Craft Beer Industry Production Volume
|Regional craft breweries||10,237,632 bbl|
|Contract brewing companies||227,702 bbl|
Domestic Craft Beer Sales
How big is the US beer market?
Overall US Beer Market in 2012:
- Up 1%
- Approximately $99 billion
- Selling 200,028,520 barrels of beer.
- 1 barrel = 31 US gallons
- 31 US gallons = 2 half-barrels
- 2 half-barrels (15.5 gallon) kegs = 13.78 cases (of 24 12-ounce bottles).
See Craft Brewer Defined for more details on industry definitions.
Comprehensive reports and analysis will be printed in the May/June issue of The New Brewer, The Journal of the Brewers Association, released in mid-May each year. The issue can be purchased directly from the Brewers Association by calling 1.888.822.6273, +1.303.447.0816.